Cuardaigh focal sa bhlag seo/Search this blog

Mo chlár is déanaí/My latest radio show

01 August 2014

"Each and every one of my body hairs is caught in a rubber band" Oh my Loom!

+++That loomin' mother-of-a-loomer Bríd Ní Mhaoileoin just came in and said "gimme your blog or I'll wrap your nose in a loom-band nose-holder". So I gave her my blog.
Aisling Ní Acamé+++
______________

I opened a tin of sweet corn the other day and found a... LOOM BAND in it. No I didn't, but I thought that would catch your attention.

But we *have* officially changed our son's name from Oisín Ó Maoileoin to Oisín O, Meloom.

Loom dresses, loom suits, loom ties and dicky bows. Loom buddies. The craze is on. Tie-died loom bands, multi-coloured loom bands, glitter loom bands, glow-in-the-dark loom bands. I swear.

Loom bands were invented in 2011 but didn't enter this life until 2014. (And what a colourful, welcome and eventful entry it was. And fixture it has remained.) A few weeks ago on the other side if the stream someone bid £150,000 on Ebay for a loomy dress (but pulled the bid back), and 5 months ago on the other side of the pond, tv talk-show host Jimmy Kimmel asked the kids of America to send him their loomy creations. This is what he did with them, for charity.



and this:



and this:

I said it before, and I'll say it again. I swear.

The things are everywhere. As Jimmy Kimmel said "Each and every one of my body hairs is caught in a rubber band". Good ole Cheong Choon Ng! Looming rolling in it he must be. _________________________

+++Loom off and gimme my blog back! Aisling Ní Acamé+++

No comments:

Post a Comment